Monday, December 4, 2023

Ranking the X-Men Films Based On First Impressions

 DISCLAIMER: I will come back and update this post once Deadpool & Wolverine comes out, and might do the same for other future X-Men films in the MCU.

So awhile back I did first-impression rankings for both the Marvel Cinematic Universe Infinity Saga, so I figured it only made sense to do the same now for the Fox X-Men Universe (and whatever other mutant-centric films in the MCU we might get from here on out). Once again, these rankings are based on first impressions from when I first watched each entry, and may not necessarily reflect how I feel now (since my opinions tend to change a lot), so make of that what you will. Also, like with every other major franchise, I sometimes just view release order as the appropriate ranking. It’s definitely the right order to watch all of these in, at least…


Anyway, here:


Loved it

1.Logan

2.X-Men: Days of Future Past (either version)

3.Deadpool 2 (any version)

4.Deadpool

5.X-Men

6.X-Men: First Class

7.X2: X-Men United


I liked it but didn’t love it

8.The Wolverine (either version)


Bad, but at least it’s funny

9.X-Men III: The Last Stand

10.X-Men Origins: Wolverine


Didn’t watch it

11.X-Men: Apocalypse

12.The New Mutants

13.X-Men: Dark Phoenix


…Welp, the end!


Peace!


Related: Ranking Repository

No comments:

Post a Comment