Friday, November 6, 2020

Welcome to Thoughts On Anything!

So who else here is starting to go crazy from quarantine fatigue? Yeah, me too. And if you’re like me, you probably hit a point in your life now where you told yourself “Fuck, I need to do something already!” I reached that point not too long ago, and now here we are.


So, that being said, welcome to my new blog! As you could tell by the title, this is going to be a space where I talk about, well, anything! Whatever’s on my mind, really.


For now, I plan to start with a bunch of posts related to pop culture, as it has come to define a huge part of my life up until now (as I’m sure it also has for many others). Currently, my plan is to alternate back and forth between posts about movies and posts about music, where I analyze particular subjects in either topic. Not sure how frequently I’ll post. I would like to aim for every weekend, but it may be a little less frequently than that. We shall see!


As the blog evolves, I imagine I will eventually move away from the pop culture stuff and dive into more psychology-themed topics that are far more personal. Only time will tell, though. Funny enough, I originally wasn’t planning on launching this blog series this soon, as I had another project I was hoping to finish first:


I’m an aspiring writer of fiction, and I’ve recently been working to finish up a collection of very short stories that I hope to self-publish via Amazon. At the time of writing this very post, I only have three short stories left to revise. After that, my collection will be complete and ready to format and then release. My original plan was to wait until then to launch this blog at the same time, and use it as a means of “promotion,” so to speak, for the book.


So why am I launching it now instead? When my book is so close to being complete anyways? Well... I don’t know, honestly. Launching my blog now, of all times, just felt like “the right thing to do,” for reasons I can’t quite wrap my mind around.


Does it have something to do with quarantine making me go a little nuts, and wanting to find new ways to “express myself” to people again ASAP? Yeah, probably. I suppose it also has to do with the fact that, now more so than ever, I can’t seem to get my inner monologue to “shut off,” so the least I can do is try to channel it into something.


Whatever the case, I’m here now! And I’m really happy to finally be getting this little “pet project” of mine going! Will it be perfect? Probably not. Will it change a lot over time? Most likely. Will it last? Who knows.


But the biggest question of all is; will it actually “scratch the itch” that I’m trying to scratch (whatever that may be)? No idea. But I have to try, don’t I?


Whatever happens here, I’m looking forward to all of the blog posts to come, along with any comments from any readers who may be out there! And once my book is finally out (and it will be out someday!), I’ll be sure to say so here, and then provide ongoing updates on any other books I may write in the future. But for now, I’ll just take this one entry at a time. And with that, I will catch you all on the next one!


Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, glad you got this up and running really looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete